Disaster Relief

Chaplaincy Training in Illinois 09/06

Thursday, February 09, 2006

New Orleans 2006

New Orleans, Louisiana USA
Saturday January 28-Sunday February 5, 2006
FIVE MONTHS AFTER HURRICANE KATRINA (08-29-2005)

PROLOGUE:

Time stopped. I was transported to a place (possibly another planet) where time did not exist, there was no news or television. I was truly in another world. A world without plumbing or privacy. A world where electricity was either generated by diesel fueled machines or unreliable at best. A world where every day was the same (except for the differences). I got up in a dark tent, dressed in the dark and came back at night for the reverse experience. They tell me I was in New Orleans, Louisiana 5 months after Hurricane Katrina, but for me time really did stand still for this one week of my life.

COME BACK LATER FOR THE REST OF MY STORY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home